Having developed websites with TYPO3 since 2005, why would I want to use WordPress for blogging?
TYPO3 is an enterprise content management system – it should easily handle something as simple as a blog. TYPO3 can, but when you are busy building websites for others it can be a challenge to find the time and resources to build your own things in any technology.
Here’s some reasons for making this in WordPress:
- WordPress is popular and simple to use.
- WordPress is fast to get blogging. TYPO3 does not yet have many high quality packages that provide the same “minutes out of the box and you can use it experience”.
- Many of our customers want WordPress or are already using it. If we use the same tools we can better support them.
- Using different tools can create a cross-pollination of ideas. There are many features of TYPO3 and WordPress that could be improved on by learning from other content management systems.
- WordPress like TYPO3 is Open Source so I can have full access to fix any problems in the software myself.